Our Student Affairs staff are committed to our students safety. Our Mission Statement says “We create a comprehensive experience that supports and challenges all students to achieve their academic goals and personal potential”. Our Vision Statement says “We guide our students to become responsible, life-long learners who positively impact a global community”. One of our Values is Compassion, meaning "We care by providing intentional services which value the individual and provide equitable support for our students and staff".
Below are resources we provide that relate to :
- Brightway Path
- Building Safety: tips from University Housing.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Emergency Call Boxes
- Identity Theft
- Night Safety Transit
- Personal Safety: tips from University Housing.
- Report an Incident
- Report Hazing
- Report Sexual Assault:
- Request Help
- Safety Awareness Facts & Education brochure
- Saluki Cares
- SIU Police Department
- Staying Safe on Campus
- Theft Prevention
- Victim Assistance, Information, & Resources
- Wellness and Health Promotion Services
- What is Consent?
- Wireless Emergency Notification System: In this system, an SIU Carbondale Alert is sent to your cell phone as a text-message and/or as an e-mail to your e-mail address. Messages may include severe weather updates, university closures or directions to take safety in the event of an emergency.
- Women’s Self Defense